Interesting article in the NYTimes.
In my experience parenting has made me better at work…how so?
- a lot more focused…no time to dilly-dally if you are managing a household with two kids under three;
- much better at seeing the bigger picture…kids give you perspective;
- better at multi-tasking (I’m mum, nurse, story-teller, cook, psychologist, arbitrator, negotiater, fixer of bubus, Teletubbies watcher, decider, etc.);
- better at decision making (is this worth going to the ER to or not?),
- and much much better at trusting my intuition (there is no playbook for parenting, 99% is trusting your gut).
What about you KP readers, has parenting made you better at work?